Frequently Asked Questions
Got Questions? We’ve Got Answers!
We understand that there are some direct questions you wish to find answers to quickly. We have compiled some frequently asked questions with the hope to provide as many answers as possible. These will be updated as frequently as possible.
1. Why should there exist a Board to manage the nursing practice in the country. Shouldn't the profession just be practiced freely?The Liberian Board for Nursing and Midwifery exists to protect the public’s health and safety by providing reasonable assurance that the people who practice Nursing and Midwifery are competent and ethical practitioners with the necessary knowledge and skills required by their titles and role. No, the profession should not be practice freely as it poses a huge risk to the public.
2. Why should I be Licensed to practice my nursing/midwifery profession?The practice of Nursing or Midwifery is a delicate profession involving the public’s health, therefore, anyone practicing or offering to practice in Liberia shall be required to submitted evidence that she or he is qualified to practice and shall be registered and licensed as provided in the ACT Section 65.3 (b) (c) (d).
3. How can I verify that a person practicing nursing / midwifery is a licensed practioner?You can verify a licensed practitioner by sending an official email to the board requesting the verification of a license. Be sure to include the name of the individual and the license number.
4. Can I study the profession at any institution?No, it is important to study the profession as registered and accredited institution. Click the button below to view a listing of institutions accredited by the Board.
5. How can I confirm that an institution is accredited to train in the profession of nursing and midwifery?You can view a listing of registered and accredited institutions here.
6. What is the grace period of a license before renewal?A title, sign, card, or device indicating an individual’s license status shall be valid for only two calendar yeas as of the date of issuance.
One More Question?
It is understood that in as much as we try to make as many answers available as possible, there is the possibility that one more question may be unanswered here. Please do not hesitate to use the button below the get in touch.